Our work has been supported by several government agencies and local health and service providers.
H2R Research and Consulting has worked with a wide range of organisations, including:
These government departments and service providers have supported our community mobilisation approach, used to help hard to reach communities design, develop and deliver services and initiatives for themselves.
Since 2015, we have used this approach to work with over 30 communities to develop initiatives and build hope. We’ve held over 20 local hui and five national hui with hard to reach community leaders, focused on:
- health and wellbeing hui – health literacy, health checks, Primary Health Organisation registrations, Maori healing, Alcohol and other Drug services
- parenting wananga and training as Mellow Parenting facilitators
- supporting employment, including driver license training
- strengthening cultural identity including te reo Maori, tikanga Maori, kapa haka
- building community resources and connections, including mara kai, reconnection between kaumatua and h2r communities